There is a question around Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans for a few years now…What has happened to Doug Martin. Where is the Doug Martin who was one of the best running backs in the NFL just two years ago, and exploded onto the scene and ran for 100 yards every other game. Simple, that never […]
Video Vault Wednesday…and lets throw some Cleveland Browns action at you!!
First Up…. Rumblin’, Bumblin’, Sumblin’ Mike Alstott. This is Vintage Alstott, 2002 during the Super Bowl season, probably the best Non-TD run of his career, if not one of.
Next up, we have a little Michael Pittman, Mr. Bicep himself, flexing vs the Browns up in cleveland. Interesting note, this game Sunday is the rematch for this game, last one played in Cleveland…and in the Win, the Bucs cost a few spots in the draft that Cleveland went higher and has Joe Thomas at LT as a result.
Below, we go farther back in the Video Vault and pull out a little Florida Gator alum, Errict Rhett. Here he scores in a loss at Cleveland in what would end up being the Browns last year in Cleveland.
Finally before we go, lets do some audio with the great Gene Deckerhoff and the great Ronde Barber. This is the call in the last game vs Cleveland in 2010, the opener that the Bucs were just a play or two away from going down by 3 scores before the half, but a player MADE A PLAY. Ronde helped cut the lead just before the half.
At the time it was a risky pick, taking a safety at the no.7 position. In the end, Mark Barron never lived up to the expectations, and after 2.5 seasons and only 3 total interceptions, the Bucs pulled the plug on an unimpressive career, and the dirty R word (Rebuilding) is now in full effect. […]
He was a wide receiver with a lot of speed, but he was supposed to be on the downside of his career. He was 33 and playing for the most recognized team in the country, the Dallas Cowboys. Next thing he knew, he was a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. The Bucs were tired of mouthy disruptive […]
It was one play actually, that summed up Mike Glennon’s existence as Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s Quarterback. The Bucs were in the middle of a 5 straight 3 and out performance, which could have ended had Glennon had enough. On the play no one was open so Glennon took off, rolled around right side and approached […]
Lovie Smith was 1-5 with Chicago his first year. Tony Dungy Was 0-5 with the Bucs his first year, then went to 1-5 when he won his first game, over Minnesota, at home. The Bucs are 2 games out of first place, and have home games vs the Saints and Falcons. The Bucs are […]
Its amazing sometimes when you look back at an NFL Team and realize how many stars were on that team. Especially with College football, try watching any 90′s Miami vs Florida State game, and you can pick out the NFL stars on both sidelines!
Well before we get into the 2014 CONNECTIONS between the Bucs and Vikings, here is the connection from old 90s Vikings team.
Notice at the end is a very young Curt Menefee who was in the booth back then. I used to hate when he would call Warrick Dunn “Warwick Dunn” Its not Diane Warwick!!
• Vikings Defensive Backs Coach Jerry Gray played for the Tampa Bay
Buccaneers for one season (1993).
• Vikings Wide Receivers Coach George Stewart coached special
teams for four seasons (1992-95) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Vikings Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson coached running backs for two seasons (2002-03) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,
including winning Super Bowl XXXVII.
• Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier spent seven
seasons (2007-13) with the Vikings, with the last three seasons as
the head coach (2011-13).
• Buccaneers Offensive Quality Control Coach Ben Steele played two
seasons (2003-04) at tight end for the Minnesota Vikings.
• Buccaneers Tight Ends Coach Jon Embree played tight end for
Vikings Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner who was the tight ends
coach for three seasons (1987-89) with the Los Angeles Rams.
• Buccaneers Offensive Line Coach George Warhop and Tight Ends Coach Jon Embree coached with Vikings Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner, Quarterbacks Coach Scott Turner and Coaching Assistant
Drew Petzing for one season (2013) with the Cleveland Browns.
• Buccaneers Wide Receivers Coach Andrew Hayes-Stoker and Vikings Defensive Line Coach Andre Patterson were on staff
together for one season at Florida International University (2013).
• Buccaneers Head Coach Lovie Smith was the head coach for Vikings
DE Corey Wootton for the Chicago Bears from 2010-12.
• Buccaneers DE Michael Johnson (2009-13) and DT Clinton McDonald (2009-10) played for Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer
who was the Defensive Coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals.
• Buccaneers CB Alterraun Verner played for Vikings Defensive Backs Coach Jerry Gray (2011-13) and Assistant Defensive Backs
Coach Jonathan Gannon (2012-13) with the Tennessee Titans.
• Buccaneers WR Mike Evans played for Vikings Assistant Wide Receivers/ Quality Control Coach Klint Kingsbury at Texas A&M University (2011-12).
• Vikings TE MarQueis Gray played for Buccaneers Tight Ends Coach
Jon Embree with the Cleveland Browns for one season (2013).
• Vikings QB Christian Ponder played collegiately for Florida State
• Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes is a native of Miami, Florida, and
attended Norland High School and Florida State University.
• Vikings CB Josh Robinson is a native of Sunrise, Florida, and attended
Plantation High School and the University of Central Florida.
• Vikings K Blair Walsh is a native of Boca Raton, Florida, and
attended Cardinals Gibbons High School.
• Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater is a native of Miami, Florida, and
attended Miami Northwestern High School along with Buccaneers
Linebacker Lavonte David (2007).
• Vikings CB Jabari Price is a native of Pompano Beach, Florida, and
attended Blanche Ely High School.
• Vikings Defensive Line Coach Andre Patterson coached at Florida
International University (Miami, FL) for one season (2013).
FORMER NFL TEAMMATES
• Buccaneers OL Garrett Gilkey and OL Oniel Cousins played
with Vikings TE MarQueis Gray and WR Charles Johnson for the
Cleveland Browns (2013).
• Buccaneers DE Larry English (2012-13) and CB Crezdon Butler
(2013) and Vikings T Mike Harris were teammates on the San Diego
• Buccaneers C Evan Dietrich-Smith (2009-12) and LB Danny
Lansanah (2008) played with Vikings WR Greg Jennings for the
Green Bay Packers.
• Buccaneers LB Jonathan Casillas and Vikings DT Tom Johnson were
teammates on the New Orleans Saints (2011-12).
• Buccaneers TE Brandon Myers and WR Louis Murphy played with
Vikings DT Linval Joseph for the New York Giants (2013).
• Buccaneers QB Josh McCown (2009-10) and WR Louis Murphy (2012) were teammates on the Carolina Panthers with Vikings CB
• Buccaneers QB Josh McCown (2012-13) and S Major Wright (2010-
13) played with Vikings DE Corey Wootton for the Chicago Bears.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
• Buccaneers QB Mike Glennon and Vikings LB Audie Cole played at
North Carolina State (2008-11).
• Buccaneers WR Solomon Patton and Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd were
teammates at the University of Florida (2010-12).
• Buccaneers RB Mike James and Vikings TE Chase Ford played at
the University of Miami (2010-11).
• Buccaneers TE Brandon Myers and Vikings LB Chad Greenway
(2005) and CB Shawn Prater (2008) played at the University of
• Buccaneers CB Alterraun Verner and Vikings T Mike Harris (2008-
09) and P Jeff Locke (2009) were teammates at UCLA.
• Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy and Vikings T Phil Loadholt played at
the University of Oklahoma (2007-08).
• Buccaneers DE Scott Solomon and Vikings S Andrew Sendejo were
teammates at Rice University (2007-09).
• Buccaneers QB Mike Kafka and Vikings DE Corey Wootton played
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼at Northwestern University 2006-09
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers haven’t been at their best in 2014. Riding a two game losing streak, the Buccaneers will return home and try to get their first home win of the year. Luckily they get to try to do so against an equally bad Minnesota Vikings team. Led by rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, the […]
It’s time to be honest with ourselves, the season is almost halfway done, and we’ve seen far beyond bad football to think this is a normal failure of any kind. This is something epic. Lets take some facts into account… 1)Lovie Smith didn’t forget how to coach. 2)The Tampa Two has put several teams in […]
2011 and 0-1 Bucs looked offense-less against the Panthers (hmmm). but in week 2.. after going down 17-0 to Vikings on the road…
In 2008 (below) This long pass set up a 1 Yard TD run to help propel the Bucs to a 9-3 record before the collapse that set up the current Bucs lowness.
Below, Cadillac Williams is welcomed into the NFL with this run on 3rd and 1 to seal the win. Caddy would get 100 yards in each of his first three games, an NFL record, and his cleats on that 3rd game vs Green bay are in the Hall of Fame.
Brad Johnson threw his 5th TD pass of the day to Mike Alstott (below) as the Bucs were gearing up for a Super Bowl run!
2001 Mike Alstott TD reminds us of days we had a running game
Below, THE MOST AMAZING MIKE ALSTOTT TD EVER- 1997, week 3, Bucs are 1-0, pewter power is born, and we see this….
Since were talking about 1996, how about some footage below, from the 1996 Minnesota game which was Tony Dungy’s first win as Bucs coach.
And below is part two. Notice some big names in turnaround for Bucs football. You can feel the attitude similar to todays Bucs from the crowd and such…
Lets go WAY WAY back…to old school country…deep in the heart of loser yucks and all that! Remember any of these guys?
How about Martin Meyhew?
Below, 1994, the Bucs were horrible in Sam Wyche’s 3rd season. Talk about Social media, you guys would be going NUTS on Facebook in year 3 of this crap!!! But this play started a 4 game losing streak, and that in turn propelled the Bucs to a 5-2 record to start out 1995!
Hope you enjoyed todays Video Vault Vikings Edition! Check back every Week for a look back through the lenses of the Video Vault!
Pete Rozelle is watching football from heaven, smiling upon his dream of NFL Parity. Although I believe parity is less of a thing since the redistributing of teams in 2002, here are the Bucs in the middle of the most incredible turnabout season in years. If you think the Rams going for it yesterday takes […]
For many of us, we see the similarities between the 2014 Bucs and the 1996 team. Of course there are those who do not see it, and are mostly overcome with the terrible scores and play of the Bucs. As we enter the Bye week, lets go over one more comparison feature, and leave it […]
Former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Steve White has an excellent piece on SBNation.com, you can find it RIGHT HERE! White shows with still photos and Red and Yellow circles who is at fault for key plays, describes with amazing detail the reason the play would have worked, but didn’t, and shows Bucs fans that Tampa Bays […]
The Bucs have added a new old young bear to the mix, signing Isaiah Frye who played for Coach Lovie Smith as a rookie in Smiths last year with the Bears; 2012. He will be added to the mix with Kieth Tandy, who replaced Leonard Johnson last week midway in the game after season long […]
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers thought the 2014 NFL season would be going a little differently right about now. They brought in new head coach Lovie Smith to lead the defense and Josh McCown to provide the offense with a competent, experienced quarterback under center. Through the first six weeks of the year, the defense isn’t […]